Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Honey Mustard Mayo Sauce, Salad Dressing, and Dip (GAPS-legal)

Honey mustard mayonnaise is such a delicious and versatile sauce.  And with the use of homemade mayonnaise, this dip becomes a great way to get your probiotics!  This sauce pairs well with so many foods, including pork chops, chicken, butternut squash fries, salad, ham, carrot fries, lunchmeat roll-ups, lettuce wraps, and even burgers.

Honey Mustard Mayo:
  • 1/3 to 2/3 c. homemade mayo (use less for a very strong honey mustard flavor, and more if you want it to be more mellow)
  • 1/3 c. raw honey
  • 1/3 c. dijon mustard (Natural Value brand is preferred for it's great flavor)

Whisk all ingredients together until well-combined.  If possible, refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld before serving.  Store in the refrigerator.

This recipe is part of Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist, Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet and Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love making homemade honey mustard... but never made it with mayo, it sounds delicious!

Karen said...

I have a question for you. Do you have the cookbook from the GAPS store called Internal Bliss? I wanted to purchase it but didn't know if I would really use it. If you did get let me know if you like it. Thank you!

Sarah Smith said...

Karen - no, I do not have the Internal Bliss cookbook. It came out after we had already been doing the GAPS diet for awhile, so I didn't feel like we needed it. If you get it and it is good, let me know!

beth@redandhoney said...

Hi! I have the cookbook, and I really like it. I haven't liked every recipe, but I feel it's worth it for the ones we do like. There are also lots still to try that look really yummy. Our favorite so far is the Cowboy Stew (a southwestern ground beef/veggie type stew). We've only been on GAPS a month, so any variety in recipes is good for us.

Sarah Smith said...

Thanks for the info, Beth!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely delicious! Thank you! I ran out of mayo so did some with it and some with sour cream. Loved the sour cream version too. A little cultured dairy for the dipping sauce!